Changing Lanes Without a Major Collision
A dynamic one or two-day workshop designed for families who have built a successful business and would like to see that business transition to the next generation.
We all love to drive in the fast lane!
Yet we know that we can't stay there forever. At some point we will run out of gas!
And it's dangerous to cross a three-lane highway in one swoop. We've seen others cause some serious collisions—some involving their own family members.
It's much safer to gradually move over to the right-hand lane while allowing the junior driver to transition to the fast lane.
The Changing Lanes workshops outline how to change lanes safely, while being aware of the traffic conditions and possible roadblocks.
We want everyone to have easy access to the exit ramp when that fuel warning light comes on!
This workshop is an excellent opportunity for the entire family to work alongside their advisor and for you to use your Most Trusted Advisor tools in addressing the issues facing your family business clients. It also serves as a commitment to action! Participants leave with a clearer picture of the future, are excited about the opportunities ahead, and understand the obstacles they must overcome to achieve the goals.
Click here for a sample invitation for your client.
Who Should You Invite?
- Families who want to see their business become a family heritage or legacy
- Families in business together who want to have more control over the future direction of their business
- Families who lack the knowledge or time to develop an integrated succession plan
- Families who would benefit from a clear approach to developing a succession plan
- Families who want to recognize the barriers to a successful transition
- Families who need to better understand how family relationships impact the business.
- Families who are affected by a breakdown in communications.
- Families who want to know how to manage differences or conflict.
How Do You Benefit?
- You have provided an awareness of the issues and the importance of addressing them promptly.
- You have prepared the way for your clients to move forward in the planning and implementation of an exit strategy and transition plan.
- You have instigated a commitment to action.
Changing Lanes is just one of many educational programs for your entrepreneurial and family business clients. Contact us for more information on other options.